Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Rule #3: Everyone should love Kenny Chesney. And everyone should keep it a secret.

Yes, you should love Kenny. In fact, you clearly do.

Look, I know, I know. Joni Mitchel has your heart. You know every Bob Dylan and U2 song. You can even name dozens of emo bands. You are so-phis-ti-cated. Yet, you love Kenny.

This is why you love him:

Kenny Chesney - Summertime

This song came on the radio the other day and I nearly fainted I sang so loud. Bare feet on the dash board, young love, and an old Ford! Great Heavens! Kenny, you kill me!

KENNY <span class=

He just kills you too. Every time he comes on the radio you get chills. Yet, you keep this burning love a secret. You have no choice. You can't really explain it. One thing you do know is that you cannot admit to loving a man who will never be seen without a hat. And he will never take that hat off. Ever. Just take it off Kenny so that we can fully love you!

Whatever the reason is, you've got an image to maintain, my peeps. You can't go around singing about Yoo-Hoo's rolling on the floor board. You love Coldplay, for goodness sake.


6 comments:

Sara said...

Hello, my name is Sara and I listen to cheesy country music. And I sing along sometimes.

But not all the time! I listen to Radiohead and such! I'm cool!

No I'm not.

I'm lovin' your blog though!!

Stephanie said...

I saw a pic of Kenny once sans hat and he looked like an accountant. As long as he keeps the hat on, I'm good.

Becky said...

See, I could embrace him more if he went by Ken instead of Kenny. I don't know why. Great post though.

Amy said...

Katie you are hilarious! I confess I have not heard any Kenny Chesney songs, but I really appreciate the simplicity and unpretentiousness of country music. I do love me some Tim McGraw.

M and E said...

Unfortunately all three men/boys up for the Heisman trophy OPENLY ADMITTED ON NATIONAL TV that they love Kenny Chesney.

You need to have an intervention. And you should start with dear, sweet, Timmy Tebow. Also, while you're at it, tell him not to wear jean shorts. Or socks with sandals.

stephanie said...

To be perfectly honest, the real [secret] reason I bought my last car was because the owner had a Kenny Chesney CD in the stereo when I went for a test-drive.

I like to think his hottie hat-wearing spirit rides with me everyday...